Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Rain, It Grows Tiresome

I don't have exact statistics on this, but I'm going to guess that it has rained 45 of the last 60 days. What is this, Seattle? Today at 4 o'clock it was so dark outside that we had to turn on the lights to see our jigsaw puzzle, even though we were sitting two feet from a westward facing window.

Usually I think that rain is wonderful. It's soothing to listen to, it makes things grow, it makes everything smell clean again. After two months of rain, though, it gets old. We can't even get the mail without being attacked by mosquitoes. Our afternoon trips to the pool are often cut short or cancelled altogether. Our roof is still not fixed and I keep waiting for the ceiling in our closet to come crashing in. Kevin's commute was over an hour tonight due to road closures, high-water rescues, and poor visibility.

I know God promised to never flood the earth again, but He seems to be pushing the envelope a little bit.

No comments: