Sunday, August 26, 2007

Menu Plan Monday, 8/27


Yippee! It's the first day of school and I get to go to the grocery store with only ONE child instead of three! Tagalong David is always content to sit in the cart while I wander the aisles (as long as he has a snack), which means I might get out of the store with everything on my list. Glory, wouldn't that be a miracle?

All of my recipes this week are from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.

Monday: Shrimp Divan leftovers. This was a Super Suppers dish, and it flopped bigtime. My kids love shrimp but hated this one.
Tuesday: Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles, green beans, salad with strawberries and sugared pecans.
Wednesday: Probably leftovers of stroganoff. If not, we may hit one of the Kids Eat Free deals at a local burger joint.
Thursday: Tamale Pie with a Guacamole Salad.
Friday: Crispy Baked Halibut, sauteed zucchini with petite diced tomatoes, rice pilaf
Saturday: Restaurant night, I hope.
Sunday: Labor Day weekend, so we'll probably grill burgers.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I like your Saturday plan ;) I'm new to MPM, but have been doing menu planning off and on for a couple years. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Nicole said...

A fellow Texan, nice... :) What is Tamale Pie? It sounds yumm.